Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall is in the Air !!

Happy Fall Y'all ... my oh-so-favorite time of the year is here !!  I'm a tride and true *Fall-aholic* and have been having fun placing festive touches around the house.  My poor husband *isn't* so fond because, unfortunately, he knows that this means countless trips to the attic to bring yet a-NOTHER box of goodies down for me to go through !! 

We've recently made a few changes in the kitchen, so I thought I'd share them with you, along with the Fall atmosphere in there now.

This summer, we painted the vaulted wall, along with the rest of the kitchen, SW "Ivoire."  We love it !!  It truly makes the kitchen look bigger, brighter and cleaner. 


This is what it used to look like:


Love the difference!  I've really been enjoying this softer color palette ... keeping the red in as simple accents, not focal points.


We went to Hobby Lobby for the first time evah this past weekend!  Let me just say that I'm glad that it's an hour and 1/2 away or else I'd be there every.single.day.  If you have one close by (and have never been) run, don't walk, to this awesome store that is filled with everything you can imagine ... and then some! 

The garland on top of my soffit came from there ... love the muted tones in it.  I mixed a few white pumpkins in, as well, for contrast.


Back down to the counters ...


I found this beautiful platter on sale at Pier One! I love their new Fall dinnerware line, and would've grabbed up the dinner plates to match, but, alas, they only had square plates and not round. Boo!


A simple raffia bow and leaf dress up this pitcher, which is doubling as my utensil holder:


My Southern Living cookbook is ready to be used ... okay, well, *maybe!*


Annnnd, the other side of the kitchen ... of course, I jumped on the bandwagon and simply *had* to number the canisters!


The cloche is harboring pumpkins while Rooster, Jr. stands guard:


I LOVE the festive cards that I ordered from CariKraft ... you should pay her Etsy store a visit!  I've scattered these all around the house ... so simple, yet so stinkin' festive!


Look, she even sent me a card with my name on it, too ... yippeeee !!


Here's our little coffee/tea area.  My husband would like to be buried with his Keurig coffee maker!  LOL




My double stacked iron bowls display all kinds of seasonal goodies ... guords, acorns, leaves, pumpkins and more raffia:


And, look, there's another CariKraft card peeking through ... did I already mention I love them?! 


Lastly, we recently removed the Black Galaxy granite countertop from our island.  We wanted something larger and opted for a very reasonably priced piece of maple butcher block.  Here's what it used to look like:


And here it is now!


We're really enjoying this larger workspace (especially my 4 year old who loves to do activities and eat here). I'm also loving the farmhouse feel it brings to this space now (especially this time of year)!

Mr. Rooster sits on a bronze tray from Target, flanked by wheat, guords, corn, pumpkins and leaves.


You may have spotted the new rug in front of the island ... I found this little beauty at HomeGoods for a great(!) price.  Love all the soft colors in the palette:


Well, I've kept you long enough.  Come back soon, and I'll show you around the breakfast area, where quite a few changes have taken place as well.

I'm linking up to:

BTNOTP for Metamorphosis Monday

Making the World Cuter Monday

Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple

It's So Very Creative at It's So Very Cheri

A Silly Little Sparrow for Toot Your Horn Tuesday

The Gypsy's Corner for Three or More Tuesday''

A Stroll Through Life for Tabletop Tuesday

DebbieDoos Before and After Party

The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday

Domestically Speaking for the Fall Party
Thanks for stopping by,


37 comments:

  1. *~*~*Happy Monday Becca*~*~*

    Your kitchen looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g. The color in the kitchen is so warm and inviting and the new butcher block island is WONDERFUL. I love the way you accessorize and you've given me some wonderful ideas that I can incorporate into my fall decor. The tray on the island with the corn, Rooster, and pumpkins is too cute. Oh, and I love the rug, very classy! Well done, very inspiring. I was so excited when I saw your post...thanks for sharing! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl! So great to hear from you. Your home looks gorgeous with all of the touches of Fall. It is my absolute favorite time of year too. Have a great week!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful! I do love the new color...although red is my favorite...but,like you said, the accents can be red or whatever you choose. The island top is wonderful! Yes, I love CariKraft too. She is such a professional and always 'gets' what you want. I'm so glad you found her! Fall is my favorite season and you have certainly captured it ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most beautiful kitchen! I love all the warm colors and it's perfect for all of your fall decorations. I adore Hobby Lobby, too and I have one close by. I really have to hold myself back! lol! All of your fall floral arrangements are just fabulous!! Can't wait to see more!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so nice! I really want a CLOCHE but can't find one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca! WOW!!! I just love your gorgeous *fall* home and all of your pretty changes, The paint looks fabulous and the island is amazing. Your kitchen decor' is perfect for fall. You always inspire me. I want and need me a leaf fall plate now. LOL! I'll check out Pier 1 soon.

    Have a great day!
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fall decor. Your home is lovely. Thanks for checking out my mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the new wall color! It makes such a difference in the room. I also love all your accessories and what you did with the island. Great job!

    Visiting from Cheri's It's So Very Creative blog party.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an AMAZING kitchen!! I love all your fall accents too! All I have is a fall floral arrangement on my table but this makes me want to do it ALL!!

    Stopping by from It's So Very Creative...I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kitchen looks great, Becca! I love the color you chose; it makes a real difference! Love the decor on the upper cabinets and I have bought something from CariKraft last year {a Christmas banner thingy made from those cards} and I got my name, too. I like how you framed the one and have it sitting on your counter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your kitchen is amazing! I love the new color...much brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the changes! Your kitchen is amazing no matter what you do. We love our Keurig also. Just curious, is that the same wall color in your great room?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't imagine what I'd do if I didn't have a Hob Lob close by! Your kitchen looks great. I love the red wall but I know what you mean about having it all the same makes it look bigger. My parents just moved into a house that had 2 red accent walls that we decided to paint. Amazing how much bigger it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I can't believe I am just now finding your blog!!!! I absolutely love your home and can't wait to look through more of your photos! I laughed out loud at the ADD comment in your profile and feel totally simpatico with you on that one! :-) I just became a new follower!
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love the colors. The kitchen looks wonderful. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey lady! Do you know that Ivoire was my top choice? I used it next door when decorating our twin and I loved it. But...I decided to go with something a bit different and I'm hoping I made the right choice! Fingers-crossed :). Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girlfriend!!!! You're back!!! I've missed you and your gorgeous home!!! The paint looks fabulous. Makes that room look even bigger and that new butcher block top is awesome! I just adore all your touches. You know just how to do it perfectly! Are those real white pumpkins or fake? Just curious. I love the vignette over your cabinets. Perfection!! So glad to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Becca, I got excited when I saw that you had posted :) I love seeing your decor, and of course your Fall goodies are just beautiful. I need to gather more stuff for my home, a lot of it I have put outside, I don't have that much stuff... but yes, I am about 10 mins from my local Hobby Lobby ;) I'll have to head up there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Becca! Glad to see you back again! I love all the changes you made! The new paint color looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Becca, long time no see there girl! I love those cute little festive cards from Etsy. All your changes, from color to decor are just so pretty. I love Hobby lobby, only about 15 minutes from me. It is trouble, always a hundred dollar visit....that is why I do not go often. Thanks for your opinion on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW... everything looks just lovely ! The attention to detail is amazing and makes the kitchen warm and inviting.

    thanks for sharing,
    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!!! is the only thing I can say...
    it's awesome... bravo!!!
    God bless...
    have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Becca, so glad you are back. Love your kitchen and the new wall color is perfect. Hobby Lobby is too close to me and it is dangerous to step in that store. I may be going today. I need some more fall stuff. Love your cloche filled with fall goodies and setting up high.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love to decorate...
    and i love your house...
    thanks for the comment...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much Becca for joining me this week...do you mind adding my link too:) Thanks so much....glad you are back and busy blog hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have a beautiful kitchen. What a difference that the paint made. Really pretty. I love the platter from Pier 1.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Becca! So glad you did. I'm loving your blog. Your home is gorgeous. Love all the fall touches in the kitchen. The wall color made a big difference, looks great! We love our Keurig too. My husband was against it at first, but it's down in the basement (where he works most of the time) and he LOVES it! The kids do too. Can't wait to take a longer look through your blog. Those cards are adorable. I'm going to check out the shop.

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your kitchen is certainly Autumn-ish looking! I love all of the touches, they all make your kitchen so warm and comfy feeling. From the photos, I would expect to smell something cinnamon-ie or spicy at least! Either a candle or something fresh out of the oven, perhaps?
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, your kitchen is fabulous and all of your beautiful fall decorations are stunning. Dream kitchen for sure. I love everything about it. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  30. Becca, the color change was a great idea. It really does open up the feel of the space. You have a beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The new color is wonderful! What a huge difference it makes, it does look a lot larger now.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all the changes you have made!! And the Ivorie looks AWESOME!!! I really think that is what I am going with for the new house! LOve seeing it in yours! And the butcher block looks fantastic too! All your fall decor is beautiful. And I'm SO jealous you went to Hobby Lobby!!! I want to go there!!! None around here, I'm in NY!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all your fall touches-especially the notecards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I adore all of the changes you made and all of the fall touches are just wonderful!

    Love love love!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. The kitchen is looking great- love the new butcher block top on the island. All your fall accessories have really warmed up the room. I really like the soffit tops with the garland, gourds, and pumpkins. Fun cards, too.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh it looks stunning!! I just love white pumpkins!! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! I would also like to invite you to link up your sweet creations to my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!