Friday, January 29, 2021

Winter Decor in the Living Room ...

Happy FRIDAY!

After we take down our holiday decor, our homes can feel a bit empty, right?  I know so many enjoy a simple January "reset," and some like to keep the cozy holiday vibes going by creating a Winter look.

So, what exactly "is" a Winter vibe?  For me, it boils down to layers and ambiance for a cozy feel.  Did I achieve that?  Not sure, lol, but this is what I came up with in our great room.  Textured cable knit pillows mixed with plaid ones have taken over our sofa (and yes, they usually end up on the floor).  I also added a matching cable knit throw to tie in with the pillows.  


Over on the wall, the prints that I added before Christmas are able to stick around awhile longer since they include beautiful snowy scenes. 


And ornaments that once hung from a Christmas tree now fill a ceramic bowl ... to keep with the Winter look, I tucked in a few flocked stems that I had on hand.


On the mantel, the Wintry styling continues ... the deer canvas was in another room over the holidays (but a bit hidden), so I thought it deserved to be front and center in here this month.  I then flanked it with flocked pencil trees, brought in the sled and added a "snowball" garland to complete the snowy look.


On our bookcase, this cute house and bottle brush trees fill a simple canister.  


annnd wintry greens fill this fun, woven basket.  


See how easy it is to add a bit of cozy vibe for the month of January!  Hopefully, you had things on hand that helped you achieve a warm and inviting feel, too!


As January has now come to an end, I'll be packing away our Winter decor and bringing out a little bit of Valentine goodies.  Will you be doing that, too?

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Becca

** If you'd like to "SHOP MY HOME," feel free to select the tab at the top of this page (or, if you are viewing from your smart phone, simply select the drop down arrow beside "HOME").

You may also "SHOP THIS POST" (if an item I have is no longer available or not able to be linked, I've selected a similar item when possible) ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!