Friday, February 19, 2021

The Not Yet Spring Decorating ...

So here we are ... Valentine's Day is over and Spring has yet to arrive.  That might leave some of us wondering how to decorate our homes for the "in between."  As tempted as I am to get out our bunnies and seasonal colors, I'm going to try to hold off a little longer.  

In the meantime, I decided to go for a simple, hopefully cozy, look.  To achieve that, I shopped our house.  Like here in our great room, where I borrowed an ottoman from our bedroom and *scooched* it up against one end of our sofa so that it resembles a comfy chaise.  Of course, I strategically placed a throw to cover up the fact that they are two separate pieces.  


I also brought in this little round coffee table, which has been hiding in our downstairs storage room for months.  I like how the black frame ties in with the (now) black windows, and how the glass top gives it an airy, less heavy feel.


Of course, there has to be pillows ... the more, the better, right?  And over on the wall, I finally said goodbye to our Winter scenes and replaced them with botanical prints (from our foyer ... frames were in our bedroom).


To tie in with the black/white striped pillow covers, I added these throws to our accent chairs.  Annnnd, on our mantel, I brought this mirror in from our dining room to tie in with the wood accents that are scattered around.  The tulips are sticking around as a promise that Spring is on the way!


Oh and to finish off this room, I finally found the perfect faux olive tree.  I should go ahead and add wheels to the bottom of the basket I put it in because I know it's going to be traveling all over our house!


Over in the kitchen, the Valentine red has been replaced with a bit of monochromatic black and white plates and towels.  
 

And on our island, it's classic white tulips for the win.  Admittedly, I look forward to mixing in colorful ones soon.


A simple dough bowl filled with faux eucalyptus, along with newly added black chairs (borrowed from another room), give our breakfast area a little refresh.  Do you have a "go to" dough bowl?  


Lastly, in the neighboring sunroom, I duplicated both the black/white plates and tulips to tie both rooms together.


I'll be back next week to share a little more of the "in between" decorating I've done around here.  I hope you're having fun playing in your homes, too!

If you'd like to SHOP THIS POST, I've linked several items below.  Just select an item you'd like to learn more about, and it will take you directly to a shoppable (affiliate) link.  If there is an item you like, but it isn't included, feel free to reach out to me, and I'll be happy to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!