Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Our Fall Kitchen ...

Greetings, friends!

Okay, so if I don't do any other decorating for Fall in our kitchen, the one thing that I'll always incorporate is our Fall family tree!


In years' past, we've pulled out one of our big ol' Christmas trees for the Fall family tree, but, last year and again this year, I've opted for a simple tree on our island, full of faux branches with lights and real branches that I snagged from the woods:



This is one of my favorite "trees" because I love adding pictures of years gone by (such as this one of my younger sister modeling a new purse for my grandparents and great aunts (all but one who have since passed) ...


a few glittery ornaments and familial sayings ...


and, moments that I'll never forget ... such as the moment I met my son for the first time (please pass the tissues)!  


I love being surrounded by family and friends this time of year!

And, because of the saying the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree," I thought it only fitting (and corny at the same time) to add a few faux apples beside our tree (har har)!  But, because I've had these faux apples a few years, the acrylic overlay was starting to crack a bit ... thanks to Ruthie's fun and easy project at Sugarpie Farmhouse, my plain, cracking apples got a new look!  I fancied them up by following her tutorial of dipping them in mod podge, mixed with cinnamon paint (to resemble caramel) and then coating them with corn cob liner (to resemble sweet nuts)!


Yummy!



On the other counters, I chose to keep it pretty simple ... just adding faux pumpkins to one of our canisters ... tying seasonal ribbons around the tops of the canisters ... and, layering a cute Roo tray behind them:


A cute "cow" print (from Home Goods), leaf plate and pumpkin nestled in raffia help out this little vignette:



Annnd, to add a bit of color to our plain lampshade, I wrapped leaf garland (that I had on hand) around the top of the shade!


And, with leftover orange ribbon, I added a bit of it to our shelves to give them a little punch of Fall, too!


Pretty pumpkin platters (from Home Goods), faux pumpkins, leaf garland and wheat help to "Fallify" the soffit a bit:


Of course I had to add string lights into the garland, too, for a little bit o' Fall glooow:


Did you happen to notice the cute Roo rug?  I spotted it at Tuesday Morning and just had to grab it!


And, thanks to a yummy "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin" candle (from Bath and Body Works), our kitchen "smells" like Fall, too!


Thanks so much for visiting our Fall kitchen!


Happy Fall and come on over and party here:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style/WUW

post signature

41 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks FALLTASTIC my friend!! Love the Fall family tree along with all the other pretty Fall touches and love your new rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you added fall to your kitchen! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becca, it all looks FABULOUS, or should I say :FALLulous:):) I love how you did the soffit, I just did my neighbors today!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just gorgeous Becca and i love the picture of you looking at your son, precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful kitchen. Creative fall tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how I miss your gorgeous fall trees from years past but of course, you never disappoint me with your ideas! after seeing what you've done i'm embarrassed to share my little bit of stuff!

    seriously, becca, you truly have a wonderful gift and I appreciate you sharing your talents with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca it's so pretty!! I love your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have lots of lovely things in your kitchen.
    Merle....... ............ .........

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have lots of lovely things in your kitchen.
    Merle....... ............ .........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your kitchen and I am in love with the rug!! Tuesday Morning= heaven on earth for my inner designer!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becca, I LOVE your Fall Family Memory tree. What a great idea! I also love your open shelves in your kitchen. I am trying to get the nerve to do that with a section of cabinets in my kitchen. Have a great week!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. That new rug is ADORABLE!! I love your Fall tree and the meaning behind each photo makes it so special! Gorgeous kitchen Becca =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love everything about it! - the fall tree and your kitchen. Might have to copy the tree idea!
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh friend...your kitchen is gorgeous but that picture of you with your sweet boy is what really got me! You know I KNOW what you were feeling in that moment and it brought tears to my eyes seeing you holding him. Love ya!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nicely done, Becca! Not that I'm surprised. : ) Love the sayings you have added to your Fall family tree along with the pictures. Those faux caramel apples look great! What a great project and they look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Each year I plan to do a family tree like yours Becca. Maybe I should start this week ;o) Yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fall Fab Becca!! My kitchen is yet untouched.. sigh. :-?
    I am luving the Roo rug! Awesome find.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your fall kitchen looks so pretty Becca! Love the tree with all of those precious family memories and those apples are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, your tree is so cute, and sentimental, too! I love it and love all of the cute touches around your kitchen! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! The Fall tree is gorgeous and such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all of your fall touches, Becca! Everything looks so pretty. Your fall tree is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I could cook up a storm in that beautiful kitchen. This time of the year the cooler weather makes you want to get cozy and that is just how the kitchen feels. I am thinking about putting beadboard as my back splash, is it easy to keep clean? Thanks Becca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Becca, your kitchen looks so pretty! I love the tree. What a beautiful idea! Love the picture of you and your baby. Got tears in my eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks fantastic and I LOVE the tree. I have hardly done much in the kitchen this year. Time is just whipping by and before you know it, we will be decorating for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your fall kitchen Becca! Everything is soooo beautiful and makes your kitchen feels so warm nad cosy!
    Have a lovely day!
    xoxoxo
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Becca, everything looks so wonderful. Now, what time shall I come for a cup of tea to enjoy all the scents & scenery of your lovely home?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, there you go again, Becca! You just make me want to copy every single thing you do....lol! Your kitchen is wonderful with all those fun and "fallish" extras. I think decorating the kitchen is the most fun, since that's where we tend to spend so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your kitchen looks no festive and ready for the fall holidays. I love your shelves, the white roosters, and in fact, all of the white accents. I fall more in love with your kitchen every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is so wonderful, Becca, love all your pops of orange on the cabinets, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Becca just beautiful I love that piece from HG. My favorite store!!! The apples under the cloche look great, I want one, LOL!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  31. Becca, I love love love your kitchen. And yes I could have used a tissue when I say the picture of you and your son (sniff, sniff)! What a darling idea to put up a family fall tree.
    I've gotta make those faux candy apples. Oh, how cute.
    You really know how to decorate and pay attention to details! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your kitchen is one of my favorites, Becca! Love your little Autumn tree and it's such a great idea. Everything in your kitchen looks marvelous! You're the best.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your kitchen looks so awesome all decorated for Fall Becca! LOVE the Autumn tree. I still have the photo mobiles hanging upstairs from our girls high school graduation parties. Really brings back wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh you are showcasing my favorite...caramel apples!...Well all I can say is that your kitchen is Fallishous!!!..I always love seeing you change your decor in any season as you do a stunning job...other than the wonderful, creatively done decor...I have to say that the pic with your son melted my heart...so very, very special...as your tree is so truly special...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your kitchen looks so warm and homey. Great job as always Becca!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  36. So great ! Your family tree is stunning and really makes the space. Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your laundry room. You decorate very tastefully and not overdone. Can't wait for to see your Christmas decorating ideas. Lots of pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like this site, this is very informative article!! Please Visit:

    bathroom remodel mckinney
    plano home improvement
    bathroom remodel richardson

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!