Monday, April 20, 2015

Shades of Spring Open House Party ...

Greetings, friends!

I'm happy to be joining several of my blogging friends today for our "Shades of Spring" open house!


And, as my "shade of Spring," I'm sharing our little sunroom. 

Set right off of the kitchen, this cozy spot has seen its fair share of decorating in the 10 months we've lived here ...


Its current "identity crisis" involved trading out all of the furniture in there for white slipcovered wing chairs (that used to be in the great room), and the duck egg accent chest (Kirkland's), along with cowhide rug (IKEA), that used to be in our sitting room.


Now that I had my staple pieces placed, it was time to add a bit of Spring!  That's when I grabbed a glass demi-john I had on hand and filled it with my favorite "go to" Spring floral branches from Michael's.


Wine corks always make a fun "filler" ...


Wine, anyone?  How about a faux grape?


Thankfully, our curtains (from Fabric Showcase in Myrtle Beach) play nicely with any season!


Maybe this "shade of Spring" blanket will invite you to curl up on a sunny afternoon and enjoy a good read that I have resting on a chalk painted stool (that is standing in as a "makeshift" side table).


A woven demi-john from TJMaxx was sitting in our storage room long enough ... soooo out it came, too!


And, as always, nothing says Spring like a cute faux plant from IKEA, now does it?


As I don't have any art on the walls (yet), pretty white plates help to fill the space for now.


And, there it is ... our little sunroom with a few shades of Spring.  Next, it will be time to add in coastal accents for the warm Summer months!


Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

post signature

Please be sure and visit these fabulous ladies ... their talent is sure to inspire you!



Chateau Chic




Far Above Rubies



French Country Cottage



From My Front Porch to Yours


Housepitality Designs



Savvy Southern Style



Shabby FuFu



Stone Gable







28 comments:

  1. What a great space you have there Becca! Love your blue touches...especially that throw:-) I love the plates on the wall also! So come on over to the porch and I'll set an extra place:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becca...I so love your sunroom and how it as evolved!...So wonderfully light and bright and filled with Becca charm!...Such a great space to gather and enjoy the wonderful sun streaming through the windows!...and must say that I love the plates on the wall!!!...So happy to be partying with you today friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the styled vignettes with so many pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love the blue tones and all the lovely touches around your space! Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is so beautiful. Can you please come to Texas and do mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bright and happy sun room. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pretty sunroom is where you'd find me if I came to visit! It is so lovely and bright...perfectly styled!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, I adore this gorgeous room! LOVE those curtains and the bamboo blinds with all the other great textural touches! I need you here to help give a little Becca spring decorating to StoneGable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice space, Becca! I love that it is right off your kitchen, too, so it gives you some company when you have guests over and are getting things ready or just want to sit somewhere and read while waiting for dinner to be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becca I'm so glad that I found you, love your style! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Becca. Your wonderful sunroom is surely welcoming Spring! I still LOVE those curtains too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty sunroom; I love your color palette. Rié | Portobello Design Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Becca I love your sunroom. It would be a spot I would spend a lot of time in for sure. I can not believe it has been 10 months already. All the changes you have made to your home in such a short amount of time re amazing. Thank you for being a part of the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So bright, airy and lovely! Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Becca, this is a lovely light filled room that you have accented beautifully! This is definitely a space I would love to cuddle up with a cup of coffee and a good book- so inviting! I love the plates on your wall; what a great idea to us in the place of artwork! I know you're having fun deciding where you want your furniture in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becca, your sunroom is so bright and beautiful! Perfect for Spring. How I would love to sit there and have a glass of wine with you! I love all of your accents, as well. I may have to take those demijohns off your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks gorgeous Becca!! I've missed you sweet friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new sunroom. We are moving into a new home next week and it also has a sunroom. I'll be taking along alot of your decorating tips! What color is the beige/tan on the walls?
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty, cozy spot for spring. Love the plants and flowers and all the woven accents, like the demijohn.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca - Your sun room is SO fresh and beautiful! I would spend all my time right there!
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the small stand between the two chairs. Can you share the color please.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you decorated that sunroom! It's so light and airy and cozy. Your white slipcovers on the chairs remind me of the one I got recently. Are they from Surefit? They look great. I love the duck egg dresser between the chairs too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, What color are your walls? We have nearly identical furniture and we need to paint next week. Thank yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, I really like this article, it was really informative. I’ll be looking forward for your next post….
    abhibus coupon

    ReplyDelete
  25. I celebrated my cousin's birthday at best birthday party venues in DC. My whole family accompanied us. We all enjoyed delicious food there and hence made her day beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!