Sunday, September 22, 2019

Our 2019 Fall Home Tour ...

Hello, hello ... is this thing on?!  My goodness, it's been awhile ... hope you're doing well!  Yes, I’ve been neglectful of my blog lately, so I'm back to breathe life into it again!

"Welcome" to our Fall home tour, where this year, I decided to incorporate both neutral tones and traditional seasonal colors.  I'm mad for plaid, too!  

(**By the way, if you are viewing this post from your smart phone, and the photos appear "grainy," simply tap on the picture(s) for a crisper image.**)


Since we don't have a large front porch where I can scatter straw bales, I added a couple of them here in our foyer, instead.  I then tossed in several pumpkins to tie in with the cute sign.  One big colorful Fall arrangement in the middle finished off the (hopefully) whimsical look.


In our family room, a neutral palette won again ... as did more plaid and a bit of mercury, too!  I also brought in this larger rug from our basement to layer over the seagrass rug.  Gotta have lots of layers this time of year, right?


Now, if you don't have a dough bowl in your life, you need one!  They are the perfect accessory to add seasonal "goodies" to!  Over on our mantel, I kept it fairly simple looking with just books, corn stalks and a few baby pumpkins.


In our kitchen, I brought in a bit of mustard, cranberry and green.  I also added in a few pieces of copper (which is a "must" this time of year)!  And for those of you who have been with me for a while, you might have noticed our microwave is gone from above our cooktop (it's now in a closet).  Yep, we took the plunge and built a wood range hood.  Even though it's far from perfect, we couldn't be more thrilled with the new look!  


You know that it wouldn't be Autumn around here if we didn't have our decorated Fall tree tucked in this corner!  Although, unfortunately, I couldn't find the family pictures that I always hang on it!  Hope I find them soon!  


In our sunroom, I tried to make it cozy by adding ladders filled with throws.  And since we don't have beautiful trees in our view outside of the back window, I added tall, colorful Fall stems to glass demijohns on our console table to make it look as though we do (ha)!


The dining room is *dressed* in traditional Fall colors, but I also decided to mix in a bit of blue.  I really like how it plays nicely with the shades of orange.  Oh, and may we just stare for a moment at the beautiful pendant light that my sweet husband recently surprised me with for our 24th wedding anniversary!  Love it!


Lastly, in our sitting room, I kept the traditional seasonal colors going.  As for the wall "art," I simply framed faux leaves to tie in with the rest of the room.  Even though I love this look, I'm getting ready to add in a bit of Halloween ... can you believe tomorrow is October 1st?!


Well, friends, I hope you enjoyed our Fall tour!  Unfortunately, because of lots of uncontrollable "spam," I've had to turn off my comments feature.  So, if you have any questions about sources/paint colors/etc., feel free to reach out to me on Facebook (click HERE) or Instagram (click HERE), where I post almost daily.  I'd love to hear from you.

Have a great day!

Becca




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!