Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Our 2015 Halloween Sitting Room

Happy Day, friends!

Can you believe that Halloween is only 2 1/2 weeks away?!  

I'm really excited to share what's going on in our sitting room, especially since I'm not really one to decorate a lot for Halloween.  

Yup, my son was thrilled and surprised when I took a stab at a Halloween mantel, which then turned into Halloween room, dressed in black, white and orange!



Not only is it all ready for Halloween, but there have been a few other changes, too!  One thing you might notice is that I replaced our curtains with this awesome fabric from IKEA ... I seem to be having a little romance with buffalo check these days!


My sweet witch was happy to come out of our stuffy bin and onto our mirrored accent chest, where she can watch over everyone ... we better be good or she might open the pages of her book and cast a spell!


Of course, it's not Halloween without teeth rotting candy corn, now is it?


Another change in this room is that we added floating shelves!  I'm a big fan of them ... you get the "look" or function of a bookcase, with the expense.  


Our little Martha Stewart mice have had fun playing around on them.


Another big change in here is that we added plank above our newly added faux fireplace!  Woo Hoo ... we love it!


Lowe's cut our wood for us, and then my hubs and I knocked it out in a few hours ... big impact without the big price tag!



Of course, I *had* to add my favorite faux brick panel behind the fireplace surround and then painted it with leftover Rustoleum gloss paint.  And, of course, a roaring "chalk" fire was in order, too!


Over on this wall, I added two black and white prints from IKEA to each side of the "Pure White" vintage secretary that I recently moved in here.



And, because I had painted the back of the secretary duck egg blue some time ago (annnnd didn't feel like painting it again), I simply taped black and white scrapbook paper over top of it to tie in with the black and white theme!


It won't be long before the orange will be replaced with Christmas red!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

post signature
I'm joining:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW

25 comments:

  1. Becca, did you make the curtains? Love the buffalo check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much for Halloween but I like the colors White, black and orange, haha. Your home looks so fresch and inviting.
    Hope you have a nice day.
    Love Elzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca,
    You are simply amazing! Your touches are awesome and inspiring! Love all you do! So glad to be seeing more frequent posts and beautiful shots of your new home. Keep the inspiration coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a Halloween person but your room could make me change my mind. Everything is done to perfection!!! I love the new curtains and the black and white theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! Beautiful and so crisp and white! I am slowly decorating for Halloween. I had a death in the family and just have not been in the mood. I usually have my Halloween up by OCT 1ST. My gameroom is full of storage bins filled with Halloween decor. I am getting rid of some it well, I try too then I see something and change my mind. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG it's adorable Becca! I love it. I didn't even do a Halloween mantel this year..can you believe that? Oh well, I sure enjoyed looking at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Becca ! Good job I has post my home
    Have happy Fall
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca,
    your Halloween décor is perfect, the white really sets off the black and orange colors so perfectly! Even though my kids are gone, I love Halloween and decorate every year. Your buffalo check curtains are my favorite, that's one of my favorite fabric patterns!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your curtains!! I too am a big lover of the buffalo check. Your Halloween setting is adorable as always! Have a great holiday,Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun and I too love the pretty curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks terrific! How fun to decorate a room for Halloween. I can imagine your son loves it and you've done it in such a "classy" way that adults would too. So many wonderful details and bold colour statements combined with the overall gorgeous-ness of the beautifully furnished room make this a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Becca...This room looks FABULOUS all dressed for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becca, your sitting room looks fantastic! I love the Buffalo checked curtains; they're perfect for your Halloween decor! The fireplace and mantel are amazing! You have shared so many wonderful ideas with us; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the PERFECT house for a bright HAPPY Halloween setting!
    Love your touches -- especially the chalkboard fire flames. Awesome!
    xoxox
    A

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute and whimsical! Love the precious witch and pretty buffalo check curtains! And the faux fireplace is awesome! Job well done! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful room. Just the right amount added for a lovely Halloween theme!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it ALL!!! The checked curtains are fabulous! The faux fireplace (and fire) are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes! Black 'n' White is my favourite and the Halloween Orange is fantastic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You bring spooky and elegant to a whole new levee!!!...love the faux fire!....You are the best and I can see you changing out that paper with the seasons!!! So enjoyed this room Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all of the Halloween touches in your room... Love the buffalo check curtains and the mice on the bookshelves are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love it! Also, where did you get your curtains for your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun room! I bet your kids LOVE you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun and tasteful! Would you mind sharing the paint color on your walls?
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!