Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Tour Continued ....

Happy Monday ... hope everyone had a great weekend!  My husband, son and I enjoyed a fun, busy weekend with my stepdaughter and her boyfriend, who drove up from Georgia.  Our visit went by *way* too quickly.  This morning, after they left (and I was able to get a bit of work done), I continued playing around a bit with my Fall decor (feel free to click on any pic to enlarge it) ....


We're hanging out in the breakfast room today.  The last time I posted pics of this area, my color scheme included reds, greens, golds and blacks.  It looked like this:


Now, it looks like this:


As you can see, we did quite a few things in here ... painted the entire kitchen SW Ivoire; took down the cornice boards and apple green roman shades and added 108" checked panels (the *mis*treatments I made) and Origami bamboo roman shades in their place; replaced the laminate on the dry bar; traded out the rug and lightened up the accessories. I gotta say, I'm lovin' the new color scheme!  Don't get me wrong ... I love red, but this is a nice change. 

Here's how my centerpiece looks to-DAY (it'll probably look different tomorrow as I'm still "futzing" with it). 


Love the new fleur-de-lis vase that I ordered from a recent Willow House par-tay.  Of course, I had to *cram* it with muted Fall greenery and sprigs that I found at Michaels and Hobby Lobby:


A simple apothecary jar holds fall potpourri and a candle:


I picked up this pretty, cream bowl from Wal-Mart (along with the matching plates ... part of their Fall line), placed a piece of burlap in there, threw in some green apples and called it a day:


Below the table is a new, neutral "soft" jute rug from Pottery Barn.  Love it:


Looking up, you'll see that we replaced our red chandie shades with cream ones and, just for fun, added some fancy crystals.  Again, I love mixing fancy with casual.  You'll also spy a fun "Fall Harvest" sign from HomeGoods lurking in the background:


Beside the table is a deep red 3-tiered buffet that I picked up at Kirkland's last year.  I'd love to paint it a cream color and perhaps distress it a bit, but then I remember who I am, and that I canNOT paint like you creative folks, so it'll probably stay just the way it is:


I recently snatched up Mr. Rooster from Pottery Barn.  I love how he sits perched on top of the buffet, ready to wake up the house at the crack o' dawn. 


Of course, I had to place a strand of garland around the base and throw in some pinecones for color:


I found a cute set of acrylic leaves at Kirkland's and decided to thread them through tassels and hang them around my lamp bases:


Beyond the window is our screened porch, which I'm not quite done decorating yet.  I'm on the prowl for a set of old whitewashed shutters to put behind the big ol' barn star: 


Back to the buffet ... I shared my cloche filled with goodies last week.  I bought the wooden crate from Pottery Barn to house a few wine bottles:


Guess what?  I spy yet another festive card from KariCraft!


On the other side of the table is the dry bar.  A year ago, it looked like this.  Toooooo dark:


I'm so glad we "retired" the red wall, along with the bronze backsplash and dark countertop.  This is such a fresh change!  I also added the "Wine Tasting" wall words and a few other fun accessories: 


Of course, you gotta throw in a few blocks of *faux* cheese to mix with the *faux* grapes and wine corks:


I thought I'd pull out the wine that I received as hostess gifts last year at our Fall party ... love the bottles of Vampire and chocolate wine:


I found this cute "Give Thanks" book at Cracker Barrel: 


And I'm enjoying this new wooden mini *table* server from Pottery Barn:


Well, once again, I've gotten a bit carried away with pics.  Sorry!  I hope you enjoyed your visit ... come back soon!

Thought I'd link up with:

Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Making the World Cuter Monday

Motivate Me Monday

Link Party at The Twice Remembered Cottage

Inspiration Friday at Southern in My Heart

Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Fridays

Thanks so much for stopping by,


43 comments:

  1. So lovely! I must know...where did you get your table and chairs? Specifically more for the chairs. I'm about to replace my kitchen table and I've had a hard time finding chairs that I like....I LOVE yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful makeover...love all the new lightness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally envious of your kitchen! It looks so beautiful, warm and welcoming! I love all your floral decor too. Your wine tasting area is devine! Beautiful changes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the ChocoVine Wine...so good! Enjoy it in your amazing space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'd love for you to live next door and just come over and redecorate to your hearts content :D We share the same love of colors so there should be no problem! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Becca I love your Fall decor, your home is just beautiful. Amazing what you did in the breakfast room, the wall color really lightens the room up but still keeps that warm and cozy feel to it. I am totally in love with your wine tasting station, having just been to a wine tasting recently, and I am now on the hunt for some new wines. My neighbor and I often have ourselves a little wine and cheese tasting night ;) I'm wondering if I could find a spot in my kitchen to do the same, but I only have the one back wall? Hmmm, gotta get my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca, all your changes are so beautiful! I love it all, but my favorite is the buffet. That is over the top perfection starting with the PB rooster and all the other accessories below!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, I love the new fresh color in your kitchen and breakfast room. Love your table and chairs and the little table from Kirkland's is great for your accessories. I didn't know Pottery Barn had roosters. He is gorgeous and such a great size.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it!! I'm a really big fan of red but everything looks great with the neutral colors. It's very warm. The new counters are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I am so glad I met you here in blogland! :-) Your home is just gorgeous and I thought it looked so beautiful before and then you went and made these changes and took it up a notch!
    You have great taste and style and I got SOOOO many ideas!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very pretty and warming for Fall, I love it!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love LOVE it. Makes me so excited for fall.

    My kitchen has the same colors: Same color countertop, cupboards, and that wine red. I painted it 2 years ago, and I loved it, but it's starting to get a little dark for me, for such a small space. I LOVE that green you picked - how difficult was it to cover up that red?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the color in there and how it brightens up the room but all your touches add that warmth and coziness. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful!! I could just come and hang out for lunch! It is so warm and inviting! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a stunningly beautiful home! I'm a new follower from Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.

    Have a great week!

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    http://www.nauticalcottageblog.com

    A blog for those who love everything about the coastal lifestyle...Shopping. Decorating. Crafts. Travel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a beautiful home. So inviting, warm and friendly. Thanks for sharing your Autumn decor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks gorgeous all lightened up Becca! I LOVE your stunning new drapes! Everything looks so pretty and it is all so amazing. I feel like I'm looking at the finest home decor' magazine. BEAUTIFUL job and changes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of the changes you made Becca! Everything looks bright and lovely! All of the your fall decor is gorgeous!

    Wonderful!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun tour Becca! Your changes are dy-no-MITE!!!! Seriously, I love the new softer look, so warm and inviting. You really did good!!!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home looks beautiful for fall. I like the new colors too. I love that little red table and I wouldn't change the color it looks great.
    Thanks for sharing your home.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH YES!! I SO ENJOYED MY VISIT, YOUR HOME IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL :) LOVE YOUR NEW LIGHTER BRIGHTER LOOK IN YOUR KITCHEN :)
    HAPPY MONDAY :)

    XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks gorgeous! LOve looking at all the beautiful pictures! And love seeing the Ivorie in your home!! I think I"m going to use almost the whole strip in my house, LOL! :)
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful display of autumn. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, I can't even pick one thing I like the most, because I LOVE it ALL!! I sure wish you lived close by, as I am in admiration of EVERYTHING you do. Really, you know how to make a house a home. The warmth and charm you bring to each and every room is AMAZING! Your arrangement is gorgeous. I love the colors and the height of it, plus the splash of pumpkins here and there. The wine tasting area is so classy and elegant. Umm, and that Rooster from Pottery Barn is too cute. I want him. You've outdone yourself again!! =) Thanks for the inspiration! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks you for all the wonderful inspiration. Your home is lovely! I've been thinking about adding a small table in front of the window in our breakfast room but wasn't sure how it would look. Now that I have seen your room, I guess I need to find a table!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful job! I love the rooster, Fleur de Lis vase and of course the Fall flowers. I am sure you are loving the changes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your home is beautiful! I just love all the fall inspiration! You've been featured on my blog this week! Have a great day!
    Love,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  28. Becca, girl you can decorate, and accessorize like no other. Your kitchen is sooooo pretty with all the Fall touches. Love your PB rooster....I just received a 25.00 off coupon yesterday, I have to go check it out on line and see what they have for Fall that I can score:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your home is just so beautiful, Becca! You have such great taste and I love how much lighter the dining area feels now! My dining area was once cranberry red which I loved at the time...and is now white! It's interesting how different a room can feel when you change out a few colors! Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Truly beautiful. You inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my- what changes you have made for the better! Love how you lightened things up and added so many pretty touches to everything. Too many to list! I am seriously lovin' that rooster. Everything just looks fantabulous.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  32. Becca, you have IMPECCABLE taste! You are so creative. EVERYTHING looks sooo great! Hope you had a great time visiting with your step-daughter and her boyfriend who came from my Georgia - where I live : ) Looking forward to future posts as I'm new to your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous room decorated beautifully for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Becca! I've already commented on this post but I just had to make sure to come over and thank you for linking up to the party today! And for your sweet comment too! I've decided that you need to be my "second opinion" person so you are just gonna have to move closer! You know how you need someone to just say 'yay' or 'nay' about decorating decisions? Well, you would be perfect for that job! :-)Thanks again,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely dining area...Love the red buffet (NO, don't paint it white!!) and the "wine tasting area" is to die for...nice, comfotable room!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! What a transformation, Becca! I love the transformative quality that paint alone can give! :) Love the new rug, lampshades, and vignettes! So beautiful! Thanks for linking up with me at Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Fridays! You've certainly inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This looks great, Becca! I really love the new color and your Fall decor looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Glad to see you are back Becca! I love all the new changes! It is always so nice to freshen things up a bit. You have wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Stopping by from inspiration Friday. Not sure I have missed your blog!! I love this room and the warm colors before and after! You definitely have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Everything is so gorgeous!! I love both colors in your room- but the new re-do is beautiful!! Coming over from Vanessa's - I'm hosting a decorating inspiration party this weekend if you would like to join in! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Popped over from Artie's place.
    Love the transformation and I'd keep the buffet red!

    Happy Fall!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  42. i love your table, i love your decor and i love the things you have used for decor, they are simply too lovely and they add a divine beauty to your dining room, such neat and tidy home, looks too good

    x0x0x0 AboutCabinets Blog

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the before, but I really love the after. Your arrangement is so pretty. Everything is very pretty.

    Just signed up as a new follower. Can't wait to see what else you are up to.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!