Friday, September 17, 2010

It's a Fall Cloche Par-tay!

Happy Friday!  There are lots of Fall gatherings going on in blogland this week!  I'm joining the fun at A Stroll Thru Life, Southern in My Heart, Color Outside the Lines, Style Feature Saturday, The DIY Showoff Fall Festival, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and Dreaming and Kozaks' Closet and It's So Very Cheri  ... I thought I'd join the fun.  Here are a few of the cloches (and other glass containers) that are scattered throughout our home, showing off the season's colors.  (Feel free to click on the pics to enlarge them).

In our breakfast area, this cloche sits on a red-tiered buffet table from Kirkland's.  The cloche actually belongs on a different, dark brown base, but I though I'd pair it with the white dessert stand instead to allow the pine cone, pear, red pomegranate, leaves and berries to pop against it: 



On the other side of the breakfast table, I placed wine corks, along with a few acorns, in this glass hurricane that is on our wine bar:


The hurricane sits on what used to be the base for a glass fruit bowl (that is, until I broke the bowl ... ooooops):


Over in our great room, the coffee table has a simple tray filled with books and this candle holder, which I chose to fill with *rustic* potpourri:


Also in the great room, these glass hurricanes are filled with all things Fall and are displayed on the mantle.


On the buffet table, I decided to pair the candle in the glass lantern with just a couple of leaves and pinecone:



In the sitting room, you'll find this cloche that I placed on a fun and fancy gold cake stand from Home Goods.  I placed folded up book pages, a pinecone, pumpkin, leaves and a little shell (from our nearby beach) inside of it.  I topped it with a raffia bow and called it a day:


I like mixing casual with fancy:


Walking across the way to the dining room, the floral centerpiece is flanked by large hurricanes (Cindy Crawford line at JCPenney's).  Like the hurricane on the coffee table in the great room, I stuck with a more muted, simple filler of acorns and pine cones (found at Pier One and Kohls).  Something is missing though.  Oh, wait, I know(!) ... it's needs some raffia!  Can you tell I'm overdosing on those bows this season?  Pretty soon, I'll be wearing one in my hair!  LOL.



Outside on the screened porch, I placed these large lanterns (from my fave Home Goods) on the fireplace mantle.  I filled them with a large candle, along with leaves, pumpkins, acorns and guords (a mix that I found at Michaels):



Lastly, I filled this votive with a few large pumpkins (from Michaels) and set it beside one of the rocking chairs on the porch as well.  I'd like to raise it up a bit though by sitting it on a few books ... that's *if* I can find them.  Hmmmm ....


Well, folks, that's all for now.  I'm off to look at everyone else's fun Fall projects! 

Thanks for stopping by!


44 comments:

  1. HELLO BECCA....
    EVERYTHING LOOKS BEAUTIFUL :) LOVE ALL YOUR PRETTY VIGNETTES :)

    XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come live with you? :) Everything is just gorgeous...and I love fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, they are all stunning. I am so impressed. Every one of your cloches, hurricanes, apothecary jars and lanterns are so pretty and you have decorated inside them so beautifully. What a treat and such fabulous eye candy and inspiration. Thanks so much for linking to the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is gorgeous. I like the casual mixed with the fancy too! I just know some of this sophistication will rub off on me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca! Oh I'm so glad I have "met" you here in blogland! You have such great style and the photos you shared were gorgeous! Seriously, I studied each one and I'm so glad you joined my Inspiration Friday party! So fun to have such great folks joining with all of their inspiring posts.
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca, my dear, one word - EXQUISITE!! Your cloche displays are FABULOUS!!! My favorites are the glass hurricanes with the lovely tassel, and the casual mixed with fancy. You have some wonderful ideas. Thank you so much for posting your gorgeous pictures...they are truly wonderful!

    Happy Fall and have a great weekend! XO ~Liz

    P.S. Thanks for your sweet comments. ((Hugs)) ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do think I need to take lessons from you. From what I've seen so far, your home is stunning. I am so thrilled to find your blog and to meet you. I can't wait to see more. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely..I love your cloche. I need some...LOL
    Lovely ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great idea with gold cake stand. That is so pretty Becca. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved looking. You have such good taste! I may drop back by for some inspiration. You know what I can see that large hurricane sitting on is an old straw picnic basket.
    See ya,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really know how to decorate. What a lovely collection of fall cloches and hurricanes! And your entire home is just gorgeous!

    Happy Weekend, Becca!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I just got a bunch of cinnamon scented pine cones that I put in a decorative bowl and am loving it! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your fall displays are just beautiful! I love the cloche on the gold stand with the beading...gorgeous!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing so many different displays that you've created. They are all beautiful! Just when I thought one pic was perfect, the next one would be even better right to the end! My fave was the two hurricanes with black tops/bottoms on your great room mantel - the colours look great together. I'm stealing the idea of putting a faux candle with leaves in a lantern though!!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becca...you are on a roll now girl! You must love Fall...because it is so flowing and warm in your home. Always was, but now you have that festive touch. I love the way you did your cloches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your fall decor!! I have only done a little but it is a start! The cloches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Could you just come and decorate my house and make it look as good as yours? PLEEZE??? I've got the stuff...promise, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful! Hard to pick out one or two things because I like them all-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh! Gorgeous! I just love these! I really love the fancy/casual one and the wine cork one. Your fall decor is so elegant. I could look at your photos all day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca, Thanks so much for stopping by- my return visit was amazing- I love your spectacular collection of hurricanes and cloches! You put them together so very, very well. I especially love the gold cake stand and the hurricanes on the dining table. Just lovely...
    I'll have to visit older posts later today- I am trying to catch up on a multitude of things- this week has been a bear. So very nice to "meet" ya!
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything is so gorgeous!! I don't know which is my favorite....I think there are two: First, the one on the beautiful cake stand, and secondly, the glass hurricanes, especially the one with the tassel! I see that stores I love were mentioned...Michael's, Home Goods, Kirklands! Do you have Hobby Lobby there, and do you shop there? I love that place, too! Very dangerous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by for another peek! You are tooooo sweet! I became a follower of your blog yesterday so I can keep up with you;)!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your decorations...the colors, combinations and detail selections are glorious! {I'm visiting from Tater Tots and Jello ~so glad to have found your lovely site}.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh girl, your site is always a feast for my decorating soul! Pure eye candy and so easy to replicate. You are a beautiful inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything looks great! I made a trip to Michaels this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a delightfully decorated home you have, Becca! I followed a comment you made on Jemma's Mom's site & have enjoyed the last hour wandering through your beautiful blog! I'm your newest follower, too. You've got some wonderful ideas & I like how down to earth your write, as if we're sitting at the table with a cuppa tea together.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your displays are just lovely -I love the starfish shell you placed among your autumn beauties. The pictures of your home look so warm and inviting

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow just stumbled across your pretty little blog. love.love.love the wedding pics...beautiful:) looking forward to reading more about your decorating ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything is just beautiful!!! I love it all! I love all the different ways you use hurricanes. I definitely need to find some for my house. I don't have any. Can you believe that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all your fall decor. Beautiful containers and they all look great in their Autumn finery.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This turned out great! I love the one with the wine corks, so creative! You should link it up to Sister Sister Sunday...
    http://blog.kuzakscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am a new follower here and I love your ideas! Everything looks so beautiful. I may have to steal some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  33. goodness, they all look fantastic! i love the dark lids to your jars, too. great job decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This was too gorgeous not to share! Here's the link to my post this morning giving you a shout out!
    http://johnhoodfamily.blogspot.com/2010/09/fall-is-in-air_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Saw these on a linky party and fell in LOVE! They are gorgeous. Definitely bookmarking. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by While He Was Napping!

    Krista
    whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm always looking for new ways to fill my cloches and vases. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. O Wow, Fall has certainly come to your house! I am bookmrking this for more inspiration. Love all the different vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVE the mix of casual and fancy! That one is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those were beautiful! You have the touch!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW!!! I am almost speachless! But felt I couldn't stop by without telling you how absolutely amazing these vignettes are! Thank you SOOO much for the inspiration! I still haven't put up my fall decor because I wasn't inspired... I am now :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Could you just put a stamp on yourself and mail yourself to me!...lol You are amazing and I am just in awe at all your decorating...you really should have your own magazine! You really should come help me with my simple home!!!! You really have a gift!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!