Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Le Chateaux ...

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!  We had a fun-filled weekend, for sure!  Let's see, we hosted a small gathering to celebrate my sweet and handsome hubby's birthday:
  

ate WAY too much:


and played on the beach with awesome friends (Jax loved "flying" into the water) ... oh to be young and "simple" again:


I'm sure you'll agree that it went by much too quickly!

Well, I must give a *HA-UGE* thank you to all of you who commiserated with me by admitting that, you too, also suffer from "DJS" in my recent post !!  I'm just glad that we can all suffer together ... aren't you?  I look forward to sharing many other decorating ailments in the future (as well as my made up Chinese proverbs)!  LOL

I'm keeping it simple today by sharing another chalk paint redo.  Some of you will gasp when you see that I painted over such a pretty piece (in fact, I was almost afraid to share the before pic); however, as much as I loved it, the parrots needed to fly back into the woods. 


After adding a coat of AS Old White, I then added two coats of Chateaux Grey.  


Even though it's called "grey," it really is more green, which is why I chose it ... I wanted to compliment the green in my accent chairs; which, I'm not sure why I did that because I have a tiny feeling that these chairs will be moved, covered or magically disappear before my very eyes in the near future:


Of course, I pulled out my sandpaper and distressed it a bit here and there to expose the Old White (is chalk paint the easiest to distress or what?!):


I then painted the hardware Old White and then added a bit of Gold Leaf Rub 'n Buff:


I love how it changes colors, depending on the light.  I'm hoping that you can see how it looks more green here:


versus how it looks more grey from this angle: 


I'm enjoying the new look ... again, sorry parrots ... enjoy your freedom!  And, while my paintbrush is still wet, I'm going to take a peek around and see what else needs a facelift.  Hmmmmmm ???

Have a great day!

I'm off to party at these fabulous blogs:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
BNOTP/Metamorphosis Monday
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
Miss Mustard Seed/Furniture Feature Friday
Thrifty Decor Chick/Before and After Party
Shades of Amber/AS Chalk Paint Party
Perfectly Imperfect/All Things Furniture




26 comments:

  1. This turned out great Becca!
    I get tired of things and pain them for a facelift too.
    My mother in law used to gasp at some of the things I have painted!
    But, if it means I keep something longer instead of selling it or giving it away... then that's a good thing, right?
    Re-purpose.
    :)
    Have a great week.
    xx
    Alison
    Jax is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, come over and do my headboard if your brush is still wet, Becca! : ) I never got to start it this weekend as I wanted to. Yes, I did do an intake of breath when I saw the chest before, but it looks just as lovely now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your firecracker of a husband!
    I love the chest - gonna have to get me some Chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I would have NO regrets at all for painting those parrots. Becca it looks AWESOME! love the color. Good job girl!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, I love it and that is way too funny because I am painting a piece with chalk paint over birds, too. I love the way yours looks now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!!!! What's next and What Color? We have large color samples up in the store now....easy to see the colors of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you are Ba-rave! Those parrots didn't know what hit 'em did they? LOL! It really looks gorgeous Becca and so fresh and crisp. I'm thinking no one wants to stand still at your house for too long for fear they will get the Chalk Paint treatment! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to say that Jax is so adorable! And a very happy bday to your hubby! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Becca, it was a very pretty piece but girl you made it GORGEOUS!! LOVE IT! What a great color choice. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great makeover! Wayyyyy better than the before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becca...Becca...BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a fabulous job painting. I really did notice how the color changes which is really cool. I also love the hardware. Well done!! Glad you had a nice 4th and Jax is adorable! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love gray/green...it looks great!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out great!! I love the color.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your paint job turned out great. Brave girl to cover the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your photos of your dresser painted in the "gray" color of AS line. I'm bad at looking at a chip of paint and knowing what the whole project will look like in the end. I am working on a dresser in "Old White" .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becca, Everthing you touch turns golden! i love your fresh and happy and gorgeous decor.You are so creative and have great visions of what you want your projects and decor to look like in the finished state.I love your pillows from your porch posts.Take care in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Becca, you are on a roll with the chalk paint! I love this color :D And the hardware on this piece is beyond gorgeous! I wasn't sure if they were original and had to go back to the before photo. You can't even see them... they got lost. Are you still thinking of adding numbers or some other vinyl to the front?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are amazing and brave!!!! I love it and think it looks so classic now! We were in your neck of the woods for the Fourth! Did Jax see the F-16 flyover? Very cool! He is getting so big! Happy Birthday to the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Becca, The chest looks fabulous! It was pretty before but now it is gorgeous.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE the color! Of course, you did a great job on it and so glad you allowed the parrots to leave. :-)

    Glad you had a fun weekend too!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. That chest is yummy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Becca, I'm sitting here minding my own business and a parrot came out of nowhere and landed on my shoulder :) She needed a makeover it really looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is gorgeous, Becca! Sounds like standing still a little too long in your presence might be dangerous -- heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job! The birds were nice, but you definitely updated it and made it look much more sophisticated!

    Love to have you stop by and share your project at my Chalk Paint Linky Party

    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG-I absolutely love what you did to the chest-the color is exquisite-very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the color, I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!