Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Time for a Small Change ...

Greetings, friends.  

So, tell me ... when you're ready to create a new vignette, where do you go for inspiration?  Do you go visit your favorite blogs ... logon to Pinterest ... pick up your favorite magazine and thumb through the pages ... or, just play, play, play until you get it semi-right?  If you're like me, you'll probably say "all of the above!"  

Such is the case with the new, simple vignette I created on the counter in our kitchen.  If you've logged on to Pinterest even just *one* time, you've probably seen this absolutely amazing image from Heather Bullard's fabulous kitchen (source: http://heatherbullard.com/2012/03/kitchen-corner-shelf/):


I love everything about it ... the brightness ... pops of color AND the fact that there are already a few common elements between hers and mine, such as the bead board backsplash and white, wooden shelves.  I love the vignette she created in her beautiful woven basket ... I knew I wanted to do something similar:

I started with a pretty woven basket I had on hand (from Home Goods):


And, while I wish I had Heather's awesome collection of bread and cutting boards to layer in the back, um, I don't.  So, the ones I had on hand will have to do ... for now, anyway:  


I then added a couple of coffee cups with a pretty beaded detail ...


along with a few matching dishes, including these pretty bowls (all from Tuesday Morning).  And, like in my inspiration picture, I just *had* to add a few  lemons and limes for the perfect pop of color (although, mine are fake ... surprise, surprise, right?):


I also moved the pitcher filled with utensils on over from beside the stove:


And, here's what it all looks like:



And, as a side note ... once I finished my little vignette, I decided to bring out three extra glass canisters I wasn't using ... love how it all complements each other:


Until the "next" vignette starts to unfold ...

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by,

post signature

27 comments:

  1. Lovely! I have always loved your inspiration photo, too. I have the same three white shelves, maybe now I'll copy you :) Have a great day, Becca!
    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job of recreating that look. I love Heather's style, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! Love your lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, i remember that vignette by heather bullard, in fact i tried to make one of my own using some of her ideas...basket, breadboards, fresh fruit, utensils, etc...of course now i have swapped it out with something else (imagine that!) but i still love her idea. yours, my friend, looks so much like hers i had to scroll back up to be sure it wasn't...great job!

    i'm going to be selfish today and get my nails done and do a little shopping before going to see my mom...that way i keep a little of my sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Heather's collection of cutting boards!! Your display is equally amazing!!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well captured! You chose a stunning vignette as inspiration and recreated it with your flair.
    :-)
    have a wonderful Tuesday Becca.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. I love your vignette, it looks amazing too. Great job. Hugs, Marty P.S. You need to link this up to Inspire Me Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, your vignette looks great! You did a beautiful job of recreating the look! Now, can you come and do mine?

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! I've always loved Heather's version and yours is just as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! It looks so fresh & summery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. And I like your better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks pretty darn amazing. Yes, I have seen and drooled over Heather's little vignette too - but considering you worked with what you had, I love it.
    To answer your question, I think I get inspiration from here and from there, but in the end I do what you did and just start grabbing stuff that I think will work. TFS xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Acabei de conhecer o seu blog e achei lindo,maravilhoso!!!Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your vignette Becca! Love the whole little corner of yours. The canisters look awesome too. Where did you find the metal scoops. I have the same canisters on my counter and need another scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this vignette you did a wonderful job. Love the pop of color with the limes and lemons.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh it is so pretty~ I always have such a hard time with vignettes I need you to come over :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with the vignette you created! I like that clean look. Hmmm.....lemons and limes in a white bowl mixed with cutting boards.......my brain is a flutter now! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful inspiration and beautiful recreation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have got the touch, my friend! I love the inspiration photo, but I love what you put together every bit as much. Sure wish you would come to my house and "play". :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca, you interpreted Heather's vignette beautifully! I love your shelves!!! What a great collection of spoons too. Now I just might have to copy you! I am certainly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this looks beautiful, I love the white with the yellow/green. I think "fake" is better- last longer too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!