Friday, September 20, 2013

Our Fall Mantel

Happy Friday and "Happy *Almost* Fall Y'all!"


I'm excited to be a part of the "Autumn Abounds" series, featuring Fall decor and recipes from several bloggers!  I've been so inspired with all that I've seen over the last two weeks!

Now, it's my turn ... for my part, I thought I'd share our Fall mantel, full of seasonal color:  



Okay, so, when it comes to styling mantels, my OCD-self always *has* to add the centerpiece first and work my way out.  Thankfully, when I was cleaning out underneath my son's bed (yes, I hide accessories EVERYwhere), I came across this wood and iron piece that I used as part of our Fall mantel two years ago (seen here).  So, I blew the dust off of it and propped it up here once again, except *this* time, I layered a wreath in front of it for a pop of color. 


These colorful and fun "GIVE THANKS" blocks yelled out to me to take them home when I was a local decor shop not too long ago ... must've been that cute owl trying to get my attention.  It worked!


I then pulled out pumpkin candlesticks I had on hand (from Big Lots), along with vases that I filled with various Fall branches and feathers:


I've had these cute Fall cards for a few years and thought it'd be fun to attach them to various branches with mini leaf clothespins (from Michael's):



Of course, it wouldn't be a Fall mantel in our house without a little bit of garland.  And, why not raid my husband's stinky tackle box for fishing line so that I could have a few leaves "falling" off of the mantel, too.


You think if I rake those leaves up that I'll have a pile big enough to jump into?


Faux pumpkins, nestled in a simple urn, hopefully won't melt sitting by the fire:


   At night, the candles magically turn on and add a bit o' ambiance:


And, the orange string lights woven through the garland help make the leaves glow: 



Ahhh, nighttime (and, fun exposure effects from PicMonkey):


Come back soon for more of our Fall home!

In the meantime, I hope you didn't miss Mary Beth's fabulous recipe for sweet potato apple soup ...


  
or these amazing homes, filled with autumn goodness!

Monday, Sept, 9th Shannon @ http://foxhollowcottage.com
Tuesday, Sept. 10th Heather @ http://www.atthepicketfence.com
Wednesday, Sept. 11th Jen @ http://www.jenniferrizzo.com
Thursday, Sept. 12th Kristin @ http://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Friday, Sept. 13th Maryann @ http://www.domestically-speaking.com
Monday, Sept. 16th Kristin @ http://www.yellowblissroad.com
Tuesday, Sept. 17th Vanessa @ http://www.atthepicketfence.com
Wednesday, Sept. 18th Heather @  http://www.settingforfour.com
Thursday, Sept. 19th Mary Beth @ http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com

And, here's who is up next!

Monday, Sept. 23rd Kristen @ http://www.ellaclaireinspired.com
Tuesday, Sept. 24th Angelina @ http://jojoandeloise.com
Wednesday, Sept. 25th Courtney @http://www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com

Thursday, Sept. 26th Debbie @ http://debbie-debbiedoos.com
Friday, Sept. 27th Kim @ http://sandandsisal.com


And, come party with me here!

Thrifty Decor Chick/It's Fall Y'all Mantel Party
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures

Thanks so much for stopping by,

post signature

55 comments:

  1. It just looks wonderful Becca...love the falling leaves too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Becca! I know when I see "mantel" in your post title I will not be disappointed. You always have such inspiring ideas for those of us who are stumped on mantel decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty. I love how you used the leaves in the urns, such a beautiful vignette. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Becca! Would you mind sharing which local store you found the "Give Thanks" blocks from? I'm gonna have to send my Mom there to pick one up for me :)Our mantel is pretty shallow and I can't fit much on it. I need to investigate and see how I can make it larger so I have better decorating options!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, stunning! I adore the falling leaves!You never disappoint! I look forward to seeing your mantel each season! Love the Fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becca! Oh, I just love it! I so enjoy the 'real' colors of fall. Your mantel is just gorgeous! You always do just a beautiful job.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful!! love the addition of the teeny lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, your mantel is spectacular! Of course, I knew it would be! Love the falling leaves and all of the pumpkins on the hearth. Another beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Becca. Luv the falling leaves and the urns :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty Becca. Just when I think your mantel can't get any prettier than the last, it does!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have captured the perfect picture of autumn. Inspiring colors, warm and inviting. What family would not want to be next to this in the evening talking about their days accomplishments, and dreams they hold for the next. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Becca! So worm and lovely! Love, love, love!
    xoxoxo
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just Gorgeous Becca I think The Best Yet Just Lovely I must Share Thank You...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just Gorgeous Becca I think The Best Yet Just Lovely I must Share Thank You...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it Becca! Your mantel looks so gorgeous and bee u tee full! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so VERY VERY LOVELY!!! I love all the colors of Fall so Beautifully displayed. It makes me wish I lived where the Leaves actually change colors :)
    Love it!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Becca, your mantle looks Fabulous! I love it all and am going to RUN to Big Lots and look for those candlesticks!!! I hope they have them! The soup sounds DELISH too, I will go over there too. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, there wasn't any doubt that it would be fabulous, Becca! So cute to add the falling leaves, and the Give Thanks blocks are just adorable!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE every inch of it Becca! You did a fabulous job! :-)
    Vanesssa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your mantel just looks so lovely and I like that candlestick you have.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous! I always look forward to seeing how you decorate your mantel for the seasons! You have such a knack for getting it just right! I especially liked seeing a fire going for this one - so cozy!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! So cozy and inviting! Amazing pictures! Can I move in? Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw this on FB yesterday and commented and didn't get my email until now. You did a fantastic job and I love the colors.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  24. AMAZING! I've got to share this. Not only are you one of my favorite bloggers... you are one of the most talented too! xo
    BTW: can you come and style my mantel? It need help!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Becca!! The glow of the leaves and the candle light is just beautiful :) How creative to have 'falling' leaves! Such a cute idea! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Becca, I think I just found my favorite Fall mantle so far! There are so many little details I love about it...the wreath on the screen, the tags on the florals, the falling leaves, the back lit leaves...I could go on and on.
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is FALL-tastic! The leaves floating down are just brilliant! I don't know how you do it, but I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness - another winner, Becca! Your Fall fireplace is just gorgeous. I love the falling leaves idea. Great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Becca, I so look forward every season for you mantle reveal and, once more, you have outdone yourself. Gorgeous mantle! Every detail is just perfect! Love the hanging leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh good - glad to know I'm not the only one who hides things under my kids beds! Love those cute little fall cards - gorgeous as usual!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bee-u-tiful The falling leaves?? Too cute. Love it all as always. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bee-u-tiful The falling leaves?? Too cute. Love it all as always. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your mantle is so pretty, and I'm a lot older than you, so let me just say,it's nice to see those owls returning! Have a wonderful fall.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the mantel and I love that you use the fall colors. Great!!! Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous - every single beautiful detail Becca!! I love the mini lights strewn through your leaf garland and the 'falling leaves' are so so pretty! Wonderful mantel! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am loving the fall colors in this beautiful mantel. The falling leaves are gorgeous. The wood and metal behind the wreath add so much depth to the overall look. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. As always, Becca, your mantel looks amazing! I love the bright colors and playful accessories. The falling leaves are my favorite detail... except maybe the owl! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your fall mantle! It is so adorable and makes me want to cozy up next to the fire place! Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, this is an outstanding mantel. Such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a pretty mantel ~ I love the traditional colors and all of the little details ~ so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy Fall to you. I love your mantle, especially the blocks saying Give Thanks. Every thing is so festive. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  42. GORGEOUS my friend!! I love how you have the leaves hanging off the garland...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ahh it's so cozy! Love it with the fire going and the candles on. I always love to layer a wreath on my mantel too.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Every detail is absolutely gorgeous! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. So adorable! I love it all!
    Thought I'd let you know that I featured this on my Pinspiration day post!
    http://madcapfrenzy.blogspot.com/2013/11/pinspiration-monday-tuesday.html

    Have a great day!
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your mantle is beautiful! It has encoraged me to start decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  47. OH MY GOSH this is gorgeous! I found it on Pinterest and I'm actually going to link back to you on my blog because it epitomizes the absolute best of everything!!! Come do my house for me! :) I LOVE THIS!!! seriously

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!