Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Our Fall Sitting Room ...

Happy Tuesday, friends!

I'm continuing our Fall tour today and sharing our little sitting room, which is the first room you see when you walk through the door.  Come on in, toss the pillows off the chairs and grab a seat!


I stuck with the neutral Fall tones in here this year (like I did in our great room), and, admittedly, I like how calm, yet seasonal, I hope it feels in here.



Large ceramic acorns (from Hobby Lobby) join faux leaves and shed antlers, all tucked into a little "dough-ish" bowl:


On our mantel, I took down the blue mirror from our Summer coastal look, and replaced it with this fabulous barn print from Kirkland's ... I knew I had to have it when it was on sale for 40% off! 


The barn art helped to set the tone for the muted colors I'd surround it with ....


My apologies to the faux Fall branches that I took apart to nestle in between our white faux pumpkins.


To lend to the mandatory Fall "cozy" feel, I brought back these handsome throws from IKEA to try and suck you into to sit here for awhile ... 


This cute pumpkin from Michael's helps bring a bit of the green tones from the mantel to this side of the room ... they have the best selection this year (it helps that all of their Fall goodies 40% off, too)!



Just for fun, here's what our sitting room looked like this time last year! 


I think our son has *almost* forgiven me for not bringing back the Halloween mice and bats this year in here ... *almost* !! 


Thanks so much for stopping ... I still have more Fall to share, so I hope you'll join me in the coming days!

post signature

13 comments:

  1. I always love this room no matter how you decorate it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Becca!!! Love those soft green leaves on the mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about tonal décor. The last few years I have done a softer Fall, and I am hooked!
    As usual your room is beautiful Becca. Luv the barn print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a well executed post. I like the diagram most. It is a helpful informative post. Thanks for sharing this great information.suzani pillows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca,
    I love your sitting room! It feels so cozy. I would like to recreate this in my own home. Are those IKEA slip covered chairs? More importantly are they comfortable for sitting in for longer periods of time? My family uses our sitting area/library for reading and visiting and I want a pretty cozy space. However, would like to ensure the chairs are comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful fall sitting room, Becca. I love that you used the softer side of fall. Can't keep my eye off your sideboard. I feel like I've combed the earth trying to find one similar. Some day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely as always, Becca!

    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Becca! It is just lovely. You always do such a nice job. It is great to be back blogging a bit and to just catch up to you and see what you are up to. It all looks just wonderful. Beautiful job- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always adore the way you decorate your rooms for each season...you always have the most creative displays whether it be a table vignette or mantelscape!...Your home always projects the feeling of warmth and love. Love your sitting room dressed for Fall Becca....Hope you are enjoying the beautiful fall leaves there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous as always Becca! I really love your signs and all the special touches you have. I was thinking when you have friends over they must be in awwww and feel so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it he is well-designed. And it's funny I love the Buffalo check curtains also. It gives another texture and dimension to the room. Well done again Becca. I love to see what you have done please sir.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information. You are including better information regarding this topic in an effective way.Thank you so much Some Great Ways To Save Money Easily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information. You are including better information regarding this topic in an effective way.Thank you so much Some Great Ways To Save Money Easily

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!