Friday, July 7, 2017

Our Summer Home Tour, Part 2 ...

Happy Friday (and July), friends!

Thanks so much for joining me last week for the first part our Summer tour.  If you missed it, but would like to take a peek, just click HERE.

*This* week, I'm back to share a bit more of our Summer home.  So, come on into our kitchen, where (if you're coming from the dining room side) this cute chalkboard from Hobby Lobby greets you with a list of things that I don't really need.  


I kept things pretty simple in here for the season, only adding a few little splashes of color ...


whether it be faux greens, lemons or a hint of blue. 


I know many of you love dark cabinets and lots of color (I love that look, too), but, for me, especially in the Summer, I really like the simplicity and crispness of lots of white ... maybe too much, but that's okay ... right??


Speaking of white, here on our island, I was recently tempted to paint the butcher block countertop white (I know, I know) ... ONLY because the yellow undertones it had was *fighting* with our floor.  In the end, I decided to whitewash it ... quick and easy project that satisfied my need to pick up a paint brush.


We then took leftover MDF and had it cut to create a large tray on top (adding small bun feet to the bottom from Lowe's).  I'm on the hunt for cuter (thinner) feet, but these will do for now.  ;)


Also, for the Summer months, I decided to paint the kitchen doors Behr's Whipped Mint.  It's such a fun, fresh color ... admittedly, they'll probably stay that way after we say farewell to the season.


Here in our sunroom, blue and white pillows help continue the Summer look.  Recently, I painted our clock white to soften it just a bit.  I'm pretty sure there's nothing left in our house to paint!  Ha!


I've wanted to add a bar cart in here for awhile, but couldn't find what I wanted at a decent price, soooo, when I spotted this cute tray table (Kirkland's) ... on sale ... I just couldn't pass it up!



Over on this side, I added this cute metal "gather" sign above the door ... it had a galvanized look when I bought (Hobby Lobby), but it just got a bit lost on the wall ... soooo, I painted it black.


Moving on into our great room, more shades of blue welcome you. The secretary (which was once in our sitting room) now takes up space in the back corner ... let's see how many more pieces I can cram in here!


After adding the secretary to the corner, that then led to me pushing our sofa in towards the middle of the room.  Not only did it help create a cozier conversation area, it also allows this cute table (Home Goods) to not be hidden by the sofa.



Our mantel got a little bit of a Summer "refresh," too, with the help of blue and white pieces I had on hand, along with this pretty fern print (Kirkland's).



Lastly, these simple denim and grey/white checked pillows help complete our Summer look.  As a side note, let me just say that I love the pillow covers from IKEA ... they're inexpensive and they have such a great selection!  PLUS, they take up way less room than actual pillows.  I've told myself that I'm not allowed to purchase any more pillows (only covers)!  Wish me luck. 


Well, friends, if you're still with me, thank you so much for taking the time to visit our home, dressed up for Summer ... I truly appreciate it!   

Have a great day!

post signature

20 comments:

  1. Your home is my fav of all time and I use it for inspiration. I follow you on Instagram tooooo so I can keep up. So glad to see you are back to blogging. I feel we get more info this way.

    Have a super great weekend....

    Lisa from Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca,

    I can honestly say your style is without question my absolute favourite I have ever seen anywhere else.

    Thanks so much for sharing. Wish you were handy to help me with mine.

    Blessings from New Brunswick, Canada

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty. Love your home and your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca,

    I get so excited when I read your blog because all the stores you shop at are all the stores I shop at! Kirklands is my favorite by far, but I also love Hobby Lobby and Home goods. We just had an Ikea open here recently and I think I may have a serious addiction problem to all these stores! Haha, well, thanks for sharing and encouraging the addiction! I will be looking at that leaf print from Kirklands as soon as I am done typing:)

    Thanks for sharing! Beautiful as always.

    Wendy @AtLaneAndHigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the old door with the church picture in the corner. Very cute! Nice job!
    Kristie from Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your style and all the white. Can you tell me the dimensions of your great room? I so want to move my sofa from the wall but concerned it will feel too crowded. I laughed when I read "can I cram one more thing into this room" that's me to a tee but I'm trying to scale down to a more simple look. I think the all white makes it seem more open. Thanks for blogging and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza. Every space has something (many) things I'm swooning over. It's all so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Seriously, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog, and will spend part of this rainy morning reading all your posts. Such clever and inexpensive ways to bring a fresh, clean vibe to your home. We must be "paint cousins" because my solution to most decorating dilemmas is to paint it. My hubs fears that if he sits in the same place too long, I will paint him.
    I love to shop at your favorites too. They are all within a mile of each other in my hometown. Also flea market shopping, and picking up galvanized and rustic pieces to mix in with the whites, grays, and woodtones I am drawn to.
    Now back to coffee and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so always enjoy your tours Becca!!!....I so love that you painted the clock white!...looks fantastic in the window and love where you relocated the secretary...a great focal point in the room. Yes, Ikea has such great pillow covers at amazing prices!...Happy Summer Becca!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's totally amazing, I always feel love when I saw inspirational creativity:) My older brother lives in Gloucester and he lives in Gloucester near about for 7 years, two years before he purchase their home. Due to his dog, the hardwood floors are absolutely destroyed. He told me whenever he saw his dog doing something to ruin them even more. For the sake mental health he's looking or discuss some of home Decorators in Gloucester or construction contractor to replace the floor with vinyl oak. But It's pretty expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Sharon! I sincerely appreciate your visit! And, LOL, my husband says the "same" thing! What would do without our paintbrushes (and favorite haunts)! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. good luck with that. my addiction to pillows is worse then crack. your home is always so bright, fresh and pretty....just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice post! Wanna see more home decoration posts like kitchen decoration in your web!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your style! What is the color of your living room walls? I would love to copy your style! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for posting this article! I sincerely appreciate your post! Now i will try to decor my new home like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing, nice post!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ order đặt mua vòng tay charm pandora trên web pandora úc uy tín, giá rẻ với chi tiết bảng giá ship hàng từ mỹ về việt nam giá rẻ cùng hướng dẫn cách mua hàng trên ebay ship về việt nam uy tín nhất.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!