Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Our 2019 Christmas Home Tour ...

Greetings, friends! 

Oh my goodness, can you believe that Christmas is one week from today?!  I can't ... time is going by too quickly!  Well, before the season ends, I wanted to share our holiday home tour!

Welcome to our foyer, where the star of the show is this fabulous sign from Ginger at Teal Barn Signs.  After I hung it, I knew that I wanted to play off of its vintage feel ... so I added our carolers, snow, deer and music notes down below.  

(**If you are viewing this on a smart phone, and the photos appear grainy, simply tap on each picture ... it will enlarge and the quality will improve.**)


Then, I added lots of red, green and white ornaments to the tree, along with both "vintage-y" and plaid ribbon to tie it all together.  On the wall, I hung picture frames that I lined with plaid wrapping paper and nostalgic Christmas carols. 


As we leave the foyer and step on into the great room, I attempted a cozy, lodgey look!  To make our little flocked trees seem a bit "bigger," we added mirrors behind them ... love the reflection of the Christmas lights!


And would ya' look at this beautiful tree from King of Christmas!  It's the 8' King Flock Pre-lit Christmas tree, and we love it!  It's so realistic looking ... nice and full ... and the height is perfect!  I hope I did it justice!


And as to not take away from the tree too much, I tried to keep it simple over on the fireplace!


Let's walk on over to the kitchen, where it's all things gingerbread whimsy!


On the island, I brought out a couple of glass canisters and a cloche and  then added these cute gingerbread houses and trees to them.  


Now, since it's highly doubtful that we'll have a White Christmas, I decided to create one here in our little sunroom.  The "blue hour" night sky is always the perfect backdrop, too!


Our dining room got a bit of a fancier look than the other rooms and is dressed in all things silver, gold and white ... with a *side* of faux greens. 


Of course, we have to have a nativity to acknowledge the true meaning of the season.


Our simple tablescape is ready for a holiday meal.  I snuck in a little bit of whimsy in here, too, by adding a bit of tinsel.  Remember the days of trees covered in it?! 


Lastly, in our living room, lots of red, green and gold have taken over. 


And on our fireplace, our nutcrackers are standing guard until the big day!


Well, friends, that's the end of our little tour.  I hope you enjoyed it and that you  have a very Merry Christmas!

Becca