Tuesday, March 20, 2018

2018 Spring Tour, Part One ...

Happy first day of Spring, friends! 

I'm sharing the first part of my Spring home tour today ... so welcome, I'm glad you stopped by!

Here in our foyer, we recently added board and batten to an otherwise long, plain wall.  We love the character it adds and has been a fun "backdrop" of sorts to dress up!  So, out came floral pillows and Spring branches.

(**NOTE: If you're viewing this on your phone vs. computer, my apologies that the pictures may seem a little grainy.  If you tap on the pictures, they'll enlarge and be much crisper.**)


I also added my favorite magnolia wreath (Magnolia Market).


On the back wall of our foyer, which I recently painted Sherwin Williams' Iron Ore, more Spring branches and bunnies greet you.



To the left of our foyer, in our sitting room, more SW Iron Ore made its way to the back wall.  I love the contrast between it and our white fireplace, shelves and cabinets.  A little drama can be fun, right?  Last week, I scooped up this pretty magnolia print from Kirkland's.  It has the same charcoal gray as the accent wall, annnnnd it ties in with the magnolia wreath across from it in the foyer.  How could I pass it up?


I also added a new rug (Target).  While I wish it was a lot larger ... for now, I really like how it anchors the room.


It's not Spring without a few faux tulips, now is it?


Let's stroll on over to the dining room (where maybe one of these days I'll finish the picture frame molding behind the sideboard ... oops.).  Do you enjoy your Easter meal in your dining room?  Admittedly, we don't (we'll be at the kitchen table, instead), but I still like to dress this one up a bit.  I knew when I found this cute gray/white bunny runner (Home Goods) the other week that it would be a pretty base for our Spring table ...


and that these simple napkin rings (Hobby Lobby) would be a fun way for me to bring a little unexpected greenery to our place settings.



The accent piece below our plates used to be in our foyer (where our pew is now).  While I'm not sure it will stay in here ... for now, I like how the gray granite top ties in with the gray/white in the runner and rug.


This year, I decided to use our pastel egg wreath as the table's centerpiece, so that it dresses up a simple soup tureen and adds a little *pastel-y* pop of color.  It's fun to repurpose, isn't it?


Well, friends ... I've kept you long enough.  Thank you so much for visiting!  I hope you'll join me next week as I share more of our Spring home!


Have a great day!

Becca

4 comments:

  1. Love your home and enjoyed the tour. I especially love that new board and batten wall and your white rabbits. ♥

    Lisa from Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything! Where did yo get the table runner? Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything. Where did you get the table runner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Easter decorating Becca! Those bunnies on your sideboard are too cute! Thanks for the inspiration! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!